Summer Classics July 2024

Online and In-Person


2024 Registration

Thank you for your interest in Summer Classics at St. John’s College. Full seminar descriptions, schedules, and policies are available on the Summer Classics web page. If you have any questions about seminar details or the registration process, please email

Each seminar participant must complete a separate online registration form.

Registration is required for all seminars. If a seminar you’d like to attend shows SOLD OUT, please complete the wait list form.

  • The full price for Summer Classics Online seminars is $850 each. The Science Institute Online seminar is $1,500.
  • The full price for Summer Classics In-Person seminars is $1,350 each. The Science Institute In-Person seminar is $2,200. Two seminars (Mozart and Gastronomy) have additional fees. Please see the Summer Classics Registration Information page for more details.


Full payment is due at time of registration. 25% of the payment is non-refundable, and the remaining 75% is refundable if requested by June 3, 2024.

If you are a K-12 licensed teacher, please select our EDUCATOR price option to proceed with the 50% Educator’s discount applied. You will be prompted during checkout to provide required documentation for eligibility. If teacher payment will be made by a sponsoring school and registering online is not feasible, you are invited to email to register.

Seminar Text and Book Purchasing

Course syllabi, text editions, and assignment details are available through the Materials Hub. The Materials Hub is a registrants-only webpage with a private link, where each course syllabus and any additional readings, manuals, or documents are available for viewing and downloading. The private link will be included in your confirmation email and subsequent monthly participant newsletters beginning in April.

Materials for courses will be added to the Materials Hub site on a rolling basis. If course information is added or updated for a particular course, participants already registered for that course will be notified and notices will be included in the participant newsletter.

Single seminar registrants: We invite you to purchase your seminar texts through the St. John’s College Online Bookstore, with keyword and ISBN search feature and a special Summer Classics section. We understand you have many choices for book purchases and your support is appreciated. Single-seminar participants for whom obtaining the text is a financial hardship are welcome to contact for assistance.

Multi-seminar registrants: If you register for more than one seminar, texts are provided free of charge. Book distribution for multi-seminar registrants begins in March 2024. Those who qualify will be contacted by email in advance to arrange for shipping. This complimentary service is available only if you register for multiple seminars before June 17, 2024. This deadline ensures that your books will arrive with enough time for you to read them before your first seminar and also helps to account for unforeseeable shipping delays.


Campus Housing (Room and Board) and Group Opera tickets are available to add on to your reservation. Housing sign-up and Opera tickets are listed below the seminars on the Week 2, Week 3 and Week 4 registration pages. 
Housing and opera tickets are for seminar participants attending in-person weeks.  A registrant can puchase an extra opera ticket for an accompanying guest.  Housing and Opera can be added at a later date, provided there is availability. For more information about group opera tickets, visit the Resources page. For more information about housing, visit the Visiting Santa Fe page.

Please visit our FAQ and Policy Update page prior to registering!

Ready to Register? Follow the Links Below:

Online Seminars

Week 1

In-Person Seminars

Week 2 Week 3 Week 4

Housing (Weeks 2 - 4, July 8th-26th)